Friday, November 13, 2009

a pretty HUGE update : part 1

Ok. I have been pretty quiet in the past couple of weeks. That's because I've been busy creating a set of baptismal invites of pretty little Georgine. I made 5 samples for Steph to choose from. And she asked me to merge two of my designs which is a bit challenging 'coz i first thought that it would look cluttered. So technically, i ended up designing another card that would include the elements she wanted. My client wanted the pink bib, the ribbon and flowers, and the dots background. And these are the results...
































The base card was Pastelle Natural cardstock. I used Fiskars Dots embossing template on a pink Flamingo cardstock (well i actually requested it from my friend Janice coz she has the Dots template. Thank you dear!). The pink bib, gems, and the purple flower patch were from National Bookstore. The pink flowers i bought in Quiapo (i got this idea from my friend Jerosha. Thank you dear!). The ribbons are from SM Department Store with Janice's help again in sourcing supplies. The circle cardstock was also Pastelle Natural and the punched & petal-ed pink cardstock was Moods. I used my Coluzzle to make the petals on this round pink cardstock - this part is the hardest coz i had to cut each petal one by one! Plus, i had to punch each petal again one by one with my Crop-a-Dile (from my friend Claire. Thank you dear!). Isn't it nice to have creative friends that inspire you everyday of your life? ^_^

The samples i made are as follows...(Guess what are the cards she chose to merge? *wink*)


Another thing, I made an altered CD album for G. She's a great digital designer and has given me an altered CD case frame. So i thought, why don't i try to alter somethign too for her? Unfotunately i wasn't able to take snapshots of it. Maybe later when we have time in the office, i'll ask her to bring it so i can share the album with you. ^_^

One more thing, my sweet cousin Tom, asked me to make him a card for his 1st monthsery with his lovely Milleth. This is what i made for him. I really really love this card too. I stamped the white hearts with the CTMH stamps Claire gave me. The sentiment "LOVE" was from my Hero Arts Christmas stamp. Inside this card is a precious moment image that i colored with Faber Castell color pencils.


And the card below I made for my sweet boss coz it's her birthday today! ^_^ I wish to give her a handmade gift too but it's gonna be later next week coz i right now i need a little rest. I've been up til 3am ( I wake up at 5:45 coz i have to go to work) for 3 consecutive days to finish the baptismal invites. Plus i have to finish the handmade box that for Just together with her 42 Coffee Hugger orders. I'm actually excited to do this even when my body is dead tired.^_^


That's all for now. I wish everyone a magical weekend! coz for sure, I'll have one too. See, i'm going to the province to be with this little cutie. My sister told me that Tweeny and Patty are walking now! Yay! I can not wait to play with them!



xoxo,
ails

No comments:

Post a Comment