Thursday, March 14, 2019

Big Bad Wolf 2019

Hello lovelies!

This post is a tad late but I still want to share my experience. There was this HUGE book sale that comes only ONCE a year in Manila - the Big Bad Wolf at World Trade Center in Pasay City. It offers millions of books at very huge discounts! Plus, the sale was open 24 hours for 10 days! And when you go there at different times in a day or on different days, you'll find different books on display! It will make you want to just stay there!  

On the first day, February 22, 2019, I went there with Laiza, with my dear husband, and my feverish 7-year old son. My son was sick but he insisted on coming with us when I mentioned that we were going to a huge book sale. And since I knew how much he likes books, I brought him with us. It took us 3-4 hours from our home to get to the venue. But we didn't mind the long drive/traffic because we were excited to see what books were waiting for us!


Despite his condition, Perry was excited to see what's inside the hall!

I spent my first couple of hours browsing for Non-Fiction books that I could buy for the LSPU library. Laiza, did the same in the Fiction Section. Then when we met near the cashier area, we browsed together under the Crafts and Hobbies Section. I found a lot of useful books on sewing, technology and livelihood there.


We finished at around 1pm because our stomachs were already growling. There were food stalls just after the cashier area and I enjoyed this delicious Mango Graham float! Yum!


After eating, we decided to call it a day so we could get home early. We were all happy with our loots! Aside from the books we bought for the library, here are the books we bought for ourselves...

Dear Husband's graphic novels! We love Batman, Superman and Wolverine! Who doesn't? And also Neil Gaiman!


- Captain Underpants - Perry's favorite book!
- He also chose the Blue Planet and the Lego I Love that Minifigure books. 
- The Fish Girl is also a graphic novel that my dear husband chose for Perry. 
- For Lincoln, I bought the Snug, Bug, Rug (an activity-sticker book), The Three Little Pigs (with the Hippo App for augmented reality experience), and the On the Go (a search and find book like I Spy).

When we got home, I was still yearning to go back. And I did. I went back there with the Library Committee on the 5th day. There were lots of Harry Potter complete series set which was not available on the first day and even on last year's sale. I was able to grab a set for the library for Php 2,900.00 less 5% discount because I am a Librarian! Yay! For the library, we were able to buy 217 titles from those 2 visits.What a feat! 

Then I bought 3 of the following set (plus the Snug, Bug, Rug). One set for my kids and the other two are for my little bro and little sis' kids.


- The Mindfulness Puzzle Book, I bought for mom because she loves puzzles. 
- The Human Body is a fun book because it was designed in a way that kids will see what's inside the human body when they use a magic torch! How cool is that! 
- The Make Buildings book I bought for Perry is to encourage him to hone his drawing skills. He said, he wanted to be an engineer. Then I influenced him to dream on becoming a doctor. But he still goes back to dreaming on building stuff. I just wish for him the best. :) 

So there. In the end, I realized I wasn't able to buy a book for myself. My time was consumed on looking for stuff to grow the LSPU collection that I forgot mine. Haha All the more reason to go back next year!

xoxo, Ails

No comments:

Post a Comment