Friday, March 15, 2019

Laguna's Anilag Festival 2019

Hello lovelies!

Our province of Laguna recently celebrated its annual Anilag Festival last March 2-9, 2019. Anilag is from the words "Ani ng Laguna" if I am not mistaken. It showcased the products and landmarks of all the towns in Laguna. It also celebrates the talents and skills of its people.

I went there after office hours on March 6, 2019 with my dear husband, my Lincoln, and Ivy. Perry had a fever that afternoon. I wanted to cancel our date but Lincoln was crying "Go! Go!" He can already understand what we were saying or planning to do. So we pushed through with our plan and left Perry and Lola Linda at home.

The first thing we saw when we enter the Provincial Capitol grounds were the landscapes and plants of various organizations. I like this Bonsai Village so much! I dream of having some Bonsai plants in my garden. 

We also enjoyed visiting the town booths. I admire the artistry and craftsmanship of  the people behind the booths. I have limited pictures taken but I will share it here.

Paete, Laguna is known for its wood carvings and paper mache products. Lincoln got 1 of these paper mache horses that i also enjoyed when I was a kid.

Siniloan, Laguna featured a painting of its famous Buruwisan Falls. It is my home town and I have been to the falls 3 times when I was young. I will share about it more next time.

Famy, Laguna featured their famous 'salakot' or wide-brimmed hat. They also have this cute bamboo miniature house! I love it! If I could only buy that for my dolls. haha

Mabitac, Laguna featured their church. I really admire how they use the coconut shells and other natural materials in designing their booth.

Victoria, Laguna featured their famous 'itik' or duck. We bought fried itik and salted egg as pasalubong from there. Yummy! We also found my dear friend and Lincoln's Godmother, Dulce there. 

San Pablo City made this realistic giant fish on the other hand probably to represent their seven lakes. 

Magdalena, Laguna also showcased their church. Lincoln wanted to climbed all the stairs he could find! Even with the small house in Famy! 

Lumban, Laguna is known for embroidery and piƱa fabric used in most Barong Tagalog and other formal wear.

 We also found this house made of recycled plastic bottles. It's cute but I can't remember the town it was from.

We left early after eating dinner there because we want to go back to Perry and check on his condition. We did not see any activity while we were there. My brother's family went on the last night of the festival and they said that it was so full of people. There were live bands playing. The schedule of the festival was available here and here and more photos here. I hope next year, I will be able to share with you all our towns and more. 

xo, Ails

No comments:

Post a Comment