Thursday, March 21, 2013

New Project - Organic Farming, Organic Living

Greetings lovelies!

I always wanted to have my own organic vegetable garden where I could get my healthy fix everyday and anytime of the day.  I want it to have lettuce, broccoli, asparagus, bell pepper, cucumber, herbs, and other vegetables that can grow in our hot and humid environment.
And last Saturday, March 16, 2013, I just started taking action on my dream.  The above picture shows my broccoli (left) and romaine lettuce (right) seedlings after four days. The shoots are big now ready for pricking on Saturday. Hooray!

However, those are not the only seeds i planted.  I also put some chamomile seeds on a row but until now, i cannot find any sign of life from it. :(

Nevertheless, i am overly happy that broccoli, me and my son's favorite, is thriving!  :)  The Mr. and I need to start preparing the beds for transplanting.  He'll do the hoeing and I'll do de-weeding and fertilizing using vermicompost. Excited much! 

And just this morning, the little man helped me water the seedlings.  He probably doesn't understand it yet but I hope he will learn to love farming or at least planting and growing his own food.  And I also hope that I can keep this up as long as I live. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment