Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Perks of a Bella

Hello lovelies!

Last January, I bought myself a planner at National Bookstore because I didn't get to complete the "collect stickers for a 2019 planner / travel organizer promo" of Starbucks. Initially, I was looking for a dotted notebook so I could try bullet journaling but as I was browsing through the shelves, I found this cute planner for women!

It is a Belle de Jour (BDJ) Power Planner, which was designed to empower Pinay women to live their lives to the fullest. It has different covers but I chose this leather covered one.

I bought it because it has really cute and engaging pages. 


And on top of that, it also has a booklet containing some "Perks of a Bella." It has a card that you can present to affiliated shops to get discounts.

It also has 60 vouchers from various establishments.

With all these, the Php 680.00 cost of the planner is worth it!

Then yesterday, I was able to use my first voucher at Mc Donald's. It's a free McCafe Iced Coffee when you purchase any Ala Carte meal at any McDonald's store nationwide.


I presented my booklet to the McDo crew at (Hi-Way) Sta. Cruz, Laguna and he told me that he doesn't know about it so he called the floor manager for assistance. The manager told me that they didn't receive any memo regarding that promo so they could not help me. She even told me to try another branch. I pointed out that the promo coupon states that "from ANY McDonald's store nationwide." So I asked her if there's anyone that they could call and ask about the promo. She said "none."

So I told them, "Ok, wait. Let me just take a photo of this (booklet & card) here so that I can report this." Then she said, "Wait." She took the booklet & card and looked for another manager. The other manager knew about it and instructions were given. So they processed my order and my free Iced Coffee. BUT, they took my coupon. They told me that they have to present the coupon at the main office to answer for the free coffee they gave me. I wanted to argue, for the reason that I will tell later, but the free iced coffee (instant gratification) was all i needed at that time. So I just let them take my coupon. 

Here's my free McCafe Iced Coffee with my double cheeseburger.

The reason why I wanted to argue that they should not take my voucher was this. The booklet states that we just have to ask the store representative to write his/her name and signature, branch, total amount, and date of purchase at the back of the coupon. We should attach the receipt to the completed/signed coupon and keep it. Why? Because if I use 30 coupons by September 2019, I get 10% off my next BDJ Power Planner purchase. If I use 35 coupons, it is 20% off. But if I use 40 coupons, I get 1 FREE 2020 Planner! If I use 50 coupons, 2 FREE Planners will be given. I just have to keep all transaction records and send to their office via snail mail before September 30, 2019.

How can I complete at least 40 coupons if 1 was already taken away from me? I hope that this will not happen to any other Bella.

But I was and still am grateful for the free iced coffee. Thank you BDJ #PerksofaBella and #McDonalds! 

XO, Ails

No comments:

Post a Comment